Saturday, March 1, 2008

Busy Schedule

I spoke with my male informant Vin who was supposed to meet me so i could see his dorm room. When i spoke to him on the phone he informed me that he was at home in Brigantine with a bad head cold. Instead of meeting him on thursday i am going to meet him on tuesday after class. Instead i spoke to him on the phone about his week. He told me that the weekend before he went to a frat party and was the Designated Driver because he is pledging to the fraternity. He told me that they played some "pong" meaning beer pong and they "bullshitted". He is very excited because he is meeting new people in the school and making more friends.
He also was telling me of his old girlfriend in high school and how seeing the couples togeather at the party was upseting him. That was the last relationship he was in and they were togeather for a year and they broke up over this past summer. I also asked him to take some pictures of his room at his parents house and to explain to me what is important to him while he is there. he told me he was bored at home so i gave him an assignment. I asked him to write about his room and tell me what he would show me and why. i thought that this would give him something to do and in case i couldnt ever make it out to Brigantine to see his parents house then this would cover what He thought about his room.

1 comment:

Professor Rubenstein said...

A kind of a breakthrough here too. Some very good material to follow up.

relationships, frat life--why?

Good idea on the writing and photos.

Stay with him--again interesting guy, and good stuff to be had here.